How to tell if your Canadian coin is silver? | Silver Coins

How to tell if your Canadian coin is silver?

Some Canadian coins made in 1968 are 50% silver, some are 99.9% nickel.

13 Responses to How to tell if your Canadian coin is silver?

1. Eric Pacitti says:

Nevermind lol

2. Eric Pacitti says:

My 1968 canadian quarter is silver. Non magnetic, does this mean its rare?

3. lkdchjqioaWUEGQCOgyf says:

Thank you very helpfull.

4. MrLionwolftiger3568 says:

I have a 1952-2002 silver coin and it still sticks against a magnet.

5. N. W.O says:

I want to start collecting, can you give me a list of what to look for for any value content, be it silver, nickel, or copper… For instance I think 25cent pieces are silver between 1920 and 1967? what about the rest? please and thank you./// Nice video

6. ricochetVendetta says:

uk has no silver coins for decades. In the seventies, we had 30% inflation and lost most of our worth. Any specials are long gone or very highly valued like our old 1 pound sells for 255 now

7. Alvin Felix says:

I just love to drop them on my store counter. The magnetic ones make a “dead” sound, while the silver makes a nice “ping” sound. Have 1 1968 silver quarter so far and about 4 dimes. I keep searching rolled coins that are brought to my store. In the past year, 9 quarters and 20 dimes. Not to shabby.

8. 1610spartan says:

hi there, great videos. just commenting to let you know i am very interested in buying some gold or silver coins or rings you have for great prices. please email me at stephen_1610@hotmail.co.uk to hopefully discuss a possible deal.
    thanks

9. paaaytonnn says:

hey this guy supports killing elephants and innocent animals search CNN Piers Morgan Go Daddy CEO Shoots kills elephants Animal Cruelty

or

watch?v=8RYwFHE7czw

and see his comment he is a piece of shit subhuman animal cruelty supporter

10. paaaytonnn says:

this uploader supports killing elephants and innocent animals search CNN Piers Morgan Go Daddy CEO Shoots kills elephants Animal Cruelty
    or
    watch?v=8RYwFHE7czw
    and see his comment he is a piece of trash animal cruelty supporter

11. Nathan Adams says:

Does uk have a silver one shilling

12. RecoverRingJunkKeys Puget Sound Money Hound says:

I was checking out some Canadian coins and I had a 1968 qtr but damn thing was magnetic. All of my .25, .10, and .05 cent coins were magnetic EXCEPT 1) 1986 .05 cent This is my newest coin of all the coins though so I figure at some point Canada got away from using 99.9 nickel and changed the recipe. SCHOOL ME.

13. hathigmonorow says:

A note to American viewers; the magnet trick does not work on American coins because copper is also diamagnetic.