Hunt for the 1910s bridge construction camp – silver coins found | Silver Coins

Hunt for the 1910s bridge construction camp – silver coins found

My son Justin and I take a short drive to the west of Canberra. The aim is to try and locate where construction workers working on the single lane bridge ove…

25 Responses to Hunt for the 1910s bridge construction camp – silver coins found

1. gribbub says:

Good onya bloke …Gribbub and I have done OK as well at this site …Gribbub scored spill of 4 florins and a 6P here about 6 months ago …popular spot thru the years ,

2. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Hi Ann and Bec Yes I was had some terrific camping, found 4 pieces, best half a gram, will upload a video later – unfortunately did not get as much video footage this trip, a friend I was with found 3 specimens in one hole, best 17.5 grams!

3. GoldDiggerGirls says:

Hope you had some luck in the Triangle..were you there last week?

4. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Wal sorry for the delay in responding – I reckon your theory sounds right – perhaps an icecream at the pub? I am sure they sold them when I was a kid. Off to the goldfields this Friday! Yeah!

5. Wal nLiz says:

Great little vid there Willo and good to see the apprentice in tow. Seems like those girl guides carried full purses…must have been for morning teas at the Cotter Tavern. Best of luck on the next hunt mate…Cheers Wal.

6. ozziepete55 says:

Willo loved the video Mate. Good old Aussie history. Cheers Mae, Pete

7. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

no hurry rob will wait off to the gold fields next week

8. robsue says:

A joint assault sounds good but it will have to wait for me. I’m currently assaulting myself with the house reno’s.
    Rob.

9. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Ringo not sure if I responded to this comment, but I would agree with you that they are a possibility.

10. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Thanks very much, I enjoyed your latest one too, I guess it comes down to local knowledge and thinking out the box, ie have a look around and try and think where people may have gathered – of course research helps too!

11. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

thanks Ian, it was a fun couple of hours, got the tip off about another old site nearby which I wasn’t aware of, I suspect it will have more coins! GL and HH!

12. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Thank you for watching and commenting, Cheers. Ian

13. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Hugh thanks, Justin had a bit of a spell from it but he loves the adventure outings more so hopefully he will be back (anyway I find more when he is with me!).

14. E Trac says:

:o))

15. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Ringo – thanks and I hope you are feeling much better and get onto a good run of gold real soon. At least its Spring and your days should be getting longer – but I hear terrible things about whether it is getting warmer!

16. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Thanks Guy, hope you are well and truly on the mend. GL and HH. Ian

17. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

I think you are right John although some of my friends in this city have their sights on the site ! Hope to link up with them and nut out where the camp was, its a reasonably large area to cover.

18. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Hi Rob – perhaps we should make it a joint assault – long time since we have done a hunt together! But feel free to go and find the camp it would be great to locate it! Cheers Ian

19. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Thank you MrVollenberg, have you done any videos recently? Much appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment. Ian

20. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Ashenaya – thank you very much for watching and commenting. I think being a history junkie goes hand in hand with the hobby! GL and HH. Ian

21. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Thanks Marjane – it nice to have such great weather, 26 degrees only six weeks from Winter but usually we get our cooler days from later this month. However our Winter whilst cold (say 11 – 15 degrees) is good for detecting and better from our hot Summers. Hope you have a great warm Spring and Summer! GL and HH

22. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Thank you very much, a pleasure.

23. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Thanks Warren and Colleen it was a great day out and it was nice to meet you both – hope you had the time to find some more good finds at the spot! Ian

24. Willo's Australian coin, relic and gold detecting says:

Mark – thank you very much, your comments are appreciated. All the best for your next hunt!

25. Westcoast Mark says:

Really good video Willo, nice to have some background information on the area and well done with the finds!
    Mark