Fake American Silver Eagle Coin Scams | Silver Coins

Fake American Silver Eagle Coin Scams

http://www.coinbooty.com/sevids.html Silver eagle Coin fraud is an unfortunate reality of coin collecting, but it’s easy to educate yourself about fake silve…

300 x 250 rodgersracing banner

25 Responses to Fake American Silver Eagle Coin Scams

1. drgeek100 says:

I have to agree with you..as a matter of fact..all the years have diff weight..

2. auxmike says:

Don’t ever go by weight, filler metals like lead can be used to fine runs the final product….

3. Habeev07 says:

I was wondering if you can say a 31.24gm 31.35 gm and 31.48 gm Silver Eagle is a fake. Those 3 are more them a Ozt and i thought Silver Eagles were exact. none of the coins are magnetic and they sound like silver but just weigh more then a ozt. im afraid they are silver plated fakes. Any ideas? God bless.

4. davidlee110 says:

SLV is the a Double-fake

5. Ljungman42 says:

@Highrise408 Amen brother

6. jamesarongray says:

good on ya

7. Andy L says:

Important to remember that scales are only so accurate, if your weighing something check the accuracy of your scales, the error could be any thing from +/- 1g to +/- 0.001g depending on the quality of your scales!
    If your scales says it weighs 30g but has an error of +/- 1g, the actual weight could be any where between 29g and 31g.

8. FoodOrFail says:

I don’t have any silver eagles, but this video prompted me to weigh the few walking liberty halves I have. Should I be concerned that almost all of them weighed under 12.5? The range was 11.9 – 12.5, and most of them came in at 12.2. They all ring, and none are magnetic. They look good. ????? :/

9. rahimi5 says:

Where do you buy fake silver eagle coins at, off some guy on the street corner? I guess the same place you would buy your fake $20 bills. The FBI will want to talk with you about counterfeit US money.

10. itsanameisntit says:

How about Molybdenum? It’s only 2.7% off in density?

11. evadidio says:

It’ s really true the bad coin chase away the good…

12. Gregg H says:

“The end result is that there is always gonna be a lighter coin.”

Not if they use lead.

13. robbie574 says:

When did this start? I’ve been collecting since ’86’ when they first started minting them.

14. southernreign1 says:

I have seen real coins vary too… slightly… anything under 31 grams or over 31.2 is a fake!
    Most fakes come in the 27-30 gram range. A Nitric acid test would be in order.

15. marshall2411 says:

is it really worth it to make a fake? Silver is still inexpensive

16. Drav1212 says:

****Warning****Do NOT purchase silver bullion from QSB. I ordered silver from them, and the rounds I received were damaged. My Invoice # is 245548. I sent them an email, notifying them of the defect rounds I received and of course I did not receive a response. ****Buyer beware******

17. TeamLibertyExpress says:

No fake silver eagles?
    I just saw one at the pawn shop yesterday.
    Dated 1903, over 80 years off, but nice try.
    Think the chinese could get the year right before going through the trouble of casting the damn slugs.

18. rllang01 says:

um, secret service dont operate like that. They usually stage a fiery single car crash.

Im just sayin’…

19. rllang01 says:

@poisonplumbs. find a scale and weigh those silver eagles. they should weigh 31.1 grams each, no more no less.

many coin dealers are kind enough to give their opinion if you show them the coins.

20. poisonplumbs says:

i have bought some 2010 silver eagles and some stagecoach silver rounds but i noticed they are different sizes ,they both say 1 ounce,in bought eagles from apmex and stagecoach from northwest mint . can anyone tell me why they are different sizes could they be fake??

21. marketwatch101 says:

If you have ever seen silver plating, you will realize how simple it is to plate any medal.

22. inkey2 says:

: LOL……..i think they put you in prison first…then a trial before they kill you in the USA. So the USA will not allow the bullion to be faked yet billions in counterfeit paper bills are circulating? um…ok

23. GiveMeLiberty80 says:

The scammers are getting smarter….there are some fakes out there that will weigh in at 31.1 grams…they are starting to make the coins slightly thicker to make up the weight…you can probably spot the fakes in person if you know your coins or have a real coin to compare with…but…many people are getting ripped off on ebay with these and it’s virtually impossible to spot a fake based on the suppliers picture….buyers beware!

24. nashnosh says:

I have a new delivery-sealed Monster Box of 2010 Eagles. I also have some 2009s from sealed boxes. All the coins show a few 1/100 ths of a gram variation from the specified book weight. All coins show this kind of variation, Eagles, Maples, Libertad, Phillie’s

To suggest any Eagle that is sightly out from the book weight is a fake is highly irresponsible, for it is simply untrue and peopl e could lose money thinking they have fakes which are real.

25. nashnosh says:

There are no fake ASEs in existence yet.

I say yet, as the Chinese would no doubt like to try, I have many of their fake Morgans and Peace Dollars.

There are no fake ASEs. And anyone who tries will receive a bullet in the head from the Secret Service, the USA will NOT allow their bullion to be faked.