42nd Street: Silver Coins | Behind the Scenes | Stratford Shakespeare Festival | Silver Coins

42nd Street: Silver Coins | Behind the Scenes | Stratford Shakespeare Festival

Carolyn Horley, Properties Assistant, shows us how she sculpted and fabricated the silver coin pieces appearing in the Stratford Shakespeare Festival’s 2012 …

7 Responses to 42nd Street: Silver Coins | Behind the Scenes | Stratford Shakespeare Festival

1. 911sausageman says:

I didn’t have to. Dale was fantastic in the role. (I’m not familiar with any of her TV stuff, but I’ve had something against her ever since ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof’, which was a total miscast, IMO.)
    I’ve since seen it 3 times. Great production! And yeah, the orchestra above the thrust stage was perfect. LOVE IT!

2. Amanda Goodden says:

Please suspend your disbelief. The whole cast is superb, the music is live, and the interaction between the two is magical – a completely unforgettable show, and very moving at times. Cynthia is suprememly elegant and perfectly cast (I am English, so came with no pre-history!), and Rider-Shaw utterly engaging.

3. 911sausageman says:

Okay, perhaps slightly older than the ‘Peggy Sawyer’ character..
    Bebe Daniels would have been 32 when she played the role in the film.
    In any case, I simply don’t like her so I’m being a jerk about it. 😉

4. Scott Hurst says:

Dear 911 Sausageman… Cynthia Dale is not playing a character in her early 20s. What made you think she was? She’s playing Dorothy Brock and she will be stunning in the role.

5. stratfordfestival says:

Yes! A full live orchestra on the stage. It will be nice to see the musicians! 🙂

6. 911sausageman says:

Thanks for the response.. One other thing I’m curious about- will the music be live?

7. stratfordfestival says:

We can’t wait to see 42nd Street come alive on stage as well! Cynthia Dale will be playing the part of Dorothy Brock alongside Jennifer
    Rider-Shaw as Peggy Sawyer, we’re looking forward to seeing both women on stage!