USING BAKING SODA TO CLEAN SILVER COINS | Silver Coins

USING BAKING SODA TO CLEAN SILVER COINS

This is a non-abrasive way to clean light stains and polish silver coins for the beginner.

19 Responses to USING BAKING SODA TO CLEAN SILVER COINS

1. farenheit1100 says:

I would not use it for coins that numismatic value. I posted it only for coins found metal detecting as most are not pristine. GL

2. 232323C says:

what about coins that have numismatic value? can it lessen the value of them?

3. farenheit1100 says:

I usually works well unless the sulfides are heavy. Then you have to use electrolysis. I guess that you guys have healed after your electrolysis video. LOL So you can renew your bandages and give that a try.Congrats on your first silver. GL and HH Hugh

4. ECTreasureHunters says:

Trying it right now with our first silver coin find. Thanks FH1100!

-=The Twins=- Bob and Bill

5. farenheit1100 says:

You add just enough water to make the soda into a paste. Thanks for watching.

6. Tommy Ricks says:

do u add water to the soda

7. Tommy Ricks says:

8. dylan hill says:

did you say baking soda and water

9. farenheit1100 says:

Thanks. It has worked well for me on Junk silver also.

10. Nozacat says:

I’ve tried ths on some of my junk silver and it really cleaned them. They came out nice and shiny. I recommend this cleaning method to everyone who wants to clean their junk silver.

11. farenheit1100 says:

Yes it can clean bronze. The best method that I have found for cleaning bronze coins is using a vibratory tumbler with crushed walnut hulls as the media. This gives a nice polished finish and keeps the green patina. GL and HH

12. farenheit1100 says:

Glad it worked for kyou. I have used this a lot on sulfided coins from the soil and beach. GL and HH

13. NUDNICK111 says:

I had some dirty old sixpence and florins i’ve been wanting to shine and just tried this, Awesome results and cost me nothing as i had some soda in the pantry! thanks for the upload Farenheit 🙂

14. farenheit1100 says:

I have never used to clean a steel coin. Our only steel coins were the 1943 zinc coated steel pennies.Those that I have found with a metal detector were not worth trying to clean. Thanks for watching. GL

15. Muntasin Mujtaba says:

is the same process can be followed for a steel coi

16. farenheit1100 says:

I hope it works for you. I leave the Baking Soda in the litle plastic container in the video. It’s nice because you can rehydrate it and use it over and over. I like it because it will not damage the coins. GL and HH

17. NQExplorers says:

Nice one, I usually dont clean my coins at all, just water and a toothbrush, but I am interested to try the baking soda on our 50% silver coins (1946-1964) and see how they come up. I have some 50% silver Florins and Shillings which I would like to clean up. Will let you know how I go. Best wishes and HH.

18. farenheit1100 says:

It will clean them but they are tougher than silver. It takes longer and leaves them bright. You also cannot get away from the damage that has already been done. If you want the patina to stay using crushed walnut hulls in a vibratory or rotary tumbler gives a nice finish. You can also use jeweler’s shot if you have access to it. Jeweler’s shot is oddly shaped steel shot that is used to polish jewelry. I have ujsed both and like the walnut hull media best. GL and HH .

19. Izman65 says:

How well would this work on copper pennies?